Friday, August 22, 2014

July and August's Runnerbox

I absolutly LOVE being an ambassador for RunnerBox. First, I love getting just about anything in the mail with my name on it (other than bills!). By now most of you have heard of subscription boxes. I know the BirchBox is a big one some of my friends who are into beauty supplies subsribe too. In case you are unfamiliar with subscription boxes, here is a little discription from the RunnerBox website to explain what it is ... "RunnerBox is a subscription based box full of products and discounts which have been hand-picked to enhance your active lifestyle. Runnerbox has everything from gels, chews, protein shakes/supplements, nutrition bars, energy boosters, healthy snacks, personal care, and other running accessories! Many products will be brand new to the market while others will be tried and true favorites. With so many new products claiming to be the next best thing – leave the trials and testing to us – we’ll search out the finest and send them right to your doorstep!"
 
 
I love that it allows me to try new things that I otherwise would've never tried before. I get to test it out and decide if I like it before I buy more. Everything that has been in my boxes so far is top notch product. Cool thing about being an Ambassador, is I get 10% off everything form their site, and I get to share my code with you. MRRUNRB go check it out & sign-up for a subsribtion so that you too can recieve a RunnerBox at your door. Here is the Link http://therunnerbox.com/runnerbox/  I promise to always give my honest opinion. I will tell about what I like most, and things that weren't so amazing.

June/July Box

So much love for the items in this box. I already knew I liked Honey Stinger Waffles, but I had never tried the Lemon flavor before. YUM! I loved the Veggie-Go's Chewy Veggie & Fruit Strip. In fact I never got a photo because it was the first thing I ate before I had a chance to snap a pic! It was Whole 30 approved, 100% clean, so a perfect post run quick snack. Gotta get get those calories in ASAP after a run. I have a code 'runfast' for 15% those strips from Nakededgesnacks. Not sure if I am supposed to share the extra discount codes, but whelp...there it is.



Of all the products I tried, I was most excited about Generation UCAN. I have been wanting to try this for a long time. A friend from one of my RAGNAR teams introduced it to me but I never took the plunge yet. It provieds a steay, slow realease energy. This helps avoid spikes, crashes, or GI distress. It's an all natural complex-carbohydrate that breaks down slowly. It prevents the highs and lows in blood sugar, and enhances fat burning. For reals this stuff is legit! The PureFit Protein Bar was amazing. I am a huge protein bar fan. I know, I know, it's all about real and whole foods. But I am always on the go (well, when I am not injured) and sometimes teach back to back fitness classes, so I do depend on a good protein bar. And then of course I loved my sweat towel that came with my box. Perfect to bring to the spin classes that I teach.


 











August/September RunnerBox

 
Lots of cool stuff in this month's box too! We especially liked the ACCEL Gel because it was all natural and delievers rapid energy. It's got the 4:1 ratio of carb to protein whcih most gels I have used before does not have.
 











We loved the Primal Sport Mud for sore muscles. Nate had to test this out for me after his race because of my injury. So it's not actually mud, but you apply it to the area you are sore, cover or wrap, and apply heat. It washes off easy with water or a wet wipe. Nate was still able to do speed work Monday after running a 40 mile race on Saturday night...so who knows, maybe this really did help?!



So this was the real suprise in the box. My son Kade is THE pickest eater known to man. He actually spent a year in food therapy trying to help him get his weight up. He doesn't like to try new things and really likes a very limited amount of food. I about died when I saw him gobbeling down this bag of Choopko Peanut Puffs. I have already ordered from their website for more. Best part is it's made from non-GMO farm-grown corn and nuts. High protein snack for a picky eater? Sign me up for that. Beats his Cheetos any day of the week.



The box came with an issue of TrailRunner magazine. I gave it a good read, but won't be subscribing, even though it comes with a discount code upon ordering. It seemed like it was mostly adds and the articles weren't too captivating. I guess if you are new to the sport of trail running it would be good to see the gear they have to offer. But for us, it really didn't teach or show us anything new.











What I really do like about the RunnerBox, is that it comes with a little card that has a blurb on each item in the box. Most every single item gives out a code for either a percentage off or free shipping, and lots of times for both. Saving money is my jam. Sampeling cool stuff is also my jam. If it is yours too, don't froget to subsribe and use MRRUNRB for 10% all things RunnerBox.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review and explanation of Runner Box! I always see people posting about these things but never knew how they worked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete